WooRank Certification Exam Questions and Answers are updated daily, Have patience. With in 2-3 days all answers will be updated. Thanks for the patience.
1) What is PageRank?
A) It’s a metric (on a scale of 0-10) that determines the traffic volume of a website
B) It’s a metric that determines the number of links pointing to a certain website
C) It’s a quality metric (0-10) that determines the usability score of a website according to Google
D) It’s a quality metric (on a scale of 0-10) that determines a page’s importance, reliability and authority on the web according to Google
2) In the context of SEO, what does “PR” stand for?
A) Google Position Recovery
B) Google Public Rank
C) Google Public Relations
D) Google PageRank
3) What is the main purpose of the meta description?
A) It tells the search engine what the most important keywords are for a certain page
B) It is linked to the about us page and provides more information to users
C) It allows web pages to rank higher for the keywords included
D) It influences how the web pages are described and displayed in search results
4) When carrying out keyword research for your pages, which of the following should you do?
A) Choose keywords that are very popular with other websites
B) Choose the same keywords as your competitors
C) Choose both frequently searched (high volume) & long-tail keywords
D) Choose the most competitive keywords
5) “Dofollow” is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML element to instruct that the hyperlink should not influence the link target’s ranking in the search engine’s index
6) The disavow tool can be used to prevent low quality backlinks from harming your website.
7) Which of the below statements is true?
A) Starting a blog has no effect on a site
B) Starting a blog on a site can boost online visibility and attract visitors
C) Starting a blog has no effect on SEO but is a great way to engage visitors
D) Starting a blog and filling it with spun content can boost a site’s SEO
8) What does the abbreviation SERP stand for?
A) Segmented Elements Result Page
B) Search Engine Result Promotion
C) Search Engine Results Position
D) Search Engine Results Page
9) Keyword stuffing is:
A) Inappropriately high keyword density
B) Usage of keywords only in the title
C) Over use of keywords in anchor text
D) Usage of keywords only in the meta description
10) When speaking of title tag character limit or length, spaces are not counted.
11) Google Analytics: Which of the following is not a metric?
C) Average page load time
12) Which of the following does Google consider as ‘Cloaking’?
A) Paying for links that don’t include the “nofollow” attribute
B) Serving a page of HTML text to search engines, while showing a page of images or Flash to users
C) Placing a webpage on one domain the using the canonical tag to reference another page as the source
D) Waiting for a page to be indexed by the search engines then redirecting the page to another website
14) A content publisher is most likely to track actions that __________ as their desired outcome.
A) encourage frequent visitation
B) drive contact form submissions
C) provide information quickly
D) drive product sales
15) In the linear attribution model in Google Analytics:
A) each touchpoint in the conversion path would share equal credit for a sale
B) the middle touchpoint in the conversion path would receive 100% credit for the sale
C) the first touchpoint in the conversion path would receive 100% credit for the sale
D) the last touchpoint in the conversion path would receive 100% credit for the sale
16) Who needs local SEO?
A) Online stores with no physical outlets
B) Every website offering services worldwide
C) Every business website that delivers goods
D) Every business with a physical address operating in a certain area
17) The XML Sitemap is used to help users easily navigate websites, providing a hierarchical list of links to all pages.
18) Which of the below best describes Facebook engagement?
A) Views on posts
B) Likes, comment and shares
C) Clicks on any content
D) Views on a page
19) Which of the following is against Google’s Webmaster Guidelines?
A) Using rich snippets markup
B) Participating in link schemes
C) Preventing and removing user-generated spam on your site
D) Making web pages primarily for users, not for search engines
20) Which of the following is not one of four pillars of content marketing?
A) Native ads
21) Crowdsourced content means creating your own content
22) Newsjacking refers to the practice of capitalizing on the popularity of a news story to amplify the impact of a piece of content.
23) The H1 tag:
A) Is used as the blue link in the search results
B) Is only used for formatting purposes
C) Should only be used on the homepage
D) Should only appear once on each page
24) Multiple H3 tags can be used on all pages.
25) The error message “Forbidden” is an example of which HTTP status code?
26) Which of the following animals represents a Google penalty that is triggered by low quality link building?
27) Fonts used for email campaigns should always be web-friendly
28) In emails, more attention is typically paid to information that is:
A) below the fold
B) at the end of the email
C) in a separate block on the right-hand side
D) above the fold
29) Nofollow links are not included in the calculation which determines the amount of PageRank that is passed through other links on a page.
30) In a PPC model, the advertiser optimizes for impressions rather than the acquisition of clicks.
31) CTR is calculated by the below formula:
32) Ad rank components are:
A) the relevance and the quality score
B) the bids and the text of the ad
C) the text of the ad and the quality score
D) the bids and the quality score
33) hreflang tags can be implemented in the XML sitemap.
34) When adding the Google Analytics tracking code to your website, it should appear:
A) After the opening tag
B) On the homepage only
C) In the alt attribute of the favicon image
D) Before the closing tag
35) According to Google, each XML sitemap should contain no more than:
A) 500 URLs
B) 5,000 URLs
C) 500,000 URLs
D) 50,000 URLs
36) When convincing a potential buyer, the most important aspect of the interaction is:
A) to give as many features of the product or service as possible
B) to match their needs with potential solutions
C) to offer the best possible deal in the market
D) to find out the reason they made contact
37) What is robots.txt?
A) A file that lists all of your web pages along with details of how often they are updated
B) A file used to associate the Search console account with a domain
C) A text file that instructs robots how to crawl and index web pages
D) A file to give instructions to Google about how high to rank a certain site
38) It is better to use underscores in URLs rather than hyphens.
39) Declaring a language has no effect on SEO as search engines can detect a website’s language.
40) Which of the following is not an accepted markup format by Google?
41) What is not true about a favicon?
A) Originally it was a file called fav.ico
B) It is typically displayed in the address bar of a browser
C) It is an icon associated with a particular website
D) It is also known as a shortcut icon
42) Formative usability testing is:
A) benchmarking against competitive applications
B) finding and fixing usability problems
C) testing with emphasis on data entry
D) assessing an application for usability rates
43) Responsive design serves the same HTML for one URL and uses CSS media queries to determine how the content is rendered on the client side.
44) Feature phones are:
A) phones with browsers without the capability to render normal desktop webpages
B) phones with browsers that can render mobile versions to a certain extent but never fully
C) phones with browsers that are capable of rendering normal desktop pages
D) phones without browsers
45) Which of the following is the ideal length for a title tag?
A) Anything under 100 characters
B) There is no ideal length for a title tag
C) More than 100 characters
D) Between 10 and 70 characters
46) Where does the expression “PageRank” come from?
A) It is derived from “the ranking of a page”
B) Just a normal expression referring to the importance of a page, and it is not connected to a specific person or term
C) There is no such expression as PageRank in SEO
D) Derives from the name of Google founder Larry Page
47) When searching for keywords, which tool would you NOT use:
A) Search Console (formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
B) Google Analytics
C) FTP tool
D) Search engine
48) What are internal links?
A) Links pointing to other pages on the same domain
B) Links pointing out to other websites
C) Links pointing to associated websites on different domains
D) Links pointing in from other website
49) “Nofollow” is a value that can be assigned to the rel attribute of an HTML element to instruct that the hyperlink should influence the link target’s ranking in the search engine’s index.
50) What is not considered as an effect of well-built backlinks in SEO?
A) Obtaining higher PageRank
B) Having to disavow links
C) Getting more traffic
D) Gaining more authority
51) Google.co.uk is a top level domain.
52) What is anchor text?
A) Simple text containing the most used keywords
B) The keyword cloud
C) The text of a link that’s visible to the user
D) A structured link scheme
53) Very high keyword density is not an indicator of keyword stuffing.
54) The best keywords are never long-tail.
55) utm_medium and utm_term are URL parameters that are both needed for campaign tracking.
56) Third party cookies are used in Google Analytics.
57) Which one of these is a dimension in Google Analytics?
58) Big data is often defined by the 3 Vs. Which of the following is not one of them?
59) Google Analytics is capable of tracking user activity on any digitally connected device.
60) What is local SEO?
A) The process of optimizing a website for Google and Bing maps
B) The process of optimizing a website for country specific search engines (yandex.ru)
C) The process of optimizing a website for local Google pages (eg.: Google.be, Google.hu etc)
D) The process of optimizing a website to improve a business’ online visibility based on its physical location
61) Which of the following animals is associated with a Google penalty that relates to low quality web pages and thin content?
62) The Meta keywords tag can be used to increase the relevancy of keywords and improve rankings.
63) Which Facebook metric reflects the number of people who have seen the content?
C) Likes on shares
64) To document a content marketing strategy can be beneficial in the long run.
65) The abbreviation CTA means:
A) Conversion Time Acquired
B) Call to Action
C) Conversion through Analytics
D) Click through Analysis
66) A buyer persona primarily helps:
A) to test payment gateways
B) to analyze web pages
C) to understand your audience
D) to test landing pages
67) Meta tags and alt tags serve the same function.
68) A deep link is:
A) Usually an internal link directing users to a page further down a website’s hierarchy
B) A link to a third party site in the body of the text
C) When the anchor text is formatted (bold, italic)
D) A link to an external high authority source
69) The Canonical tag is used to:
A) Redirect users to a defined URL
B) Highlight pages that are written in several languages
C) Prevent bots from accessing pages
D) Indicate the preferred URL of a page
70) Which of the following is generally a bad email marketing practice?
A) Using a real reply address
B) Having an unsubscribe link
C) Making opt-out possible
D) Emailing attachments
71) When calculating what it costs to send a thousand emails, the rate used is:
72) Using “domain keys” is a form of email authentication.
73) Spam complaints usually occur when the email loads for an extensively long time.
74) A/B testing is:
A) A coding method
B) Landing page testing only
C) Banner conversion testing only
D) Testing with one variable
75) In PPC the advertiser pays for:
A) Brand visibility
B) The impression on the ad
D) Clicks on the ad
76) The unique goal of advertising is to enhance sales.
77) 1% CTR means that for every 100 impressions there are 10 clicks.
78) Which of the following URL redirects is known to pass PageRank?
A) 302 Redirect
B) 303 Redirect
C) 301 Redirect
D) 307 Redirect
79) It’s possible to use Google Analytics to track search terms entered into a search box placed on your website.
80) Which of the following would prevent search spiders from crawling www.mysite.com/example in a robots.txt file?
B) Disallow: /example
C) User-agent: /example
D) Noindex: /example
81) What is www resolve?
A) When a custom page is returned as a result of the web page not being available
B) When a web page fails to load
C) When the format http://mysite.com redirects to http://www.mysite.com (or visa versa)
D) When both http://mysite.com and http://www.mysite.com can be accessed
82) It is better to use hyphens in URLs rather than underscores.
83) What is W3C?
A) A syntax error type
B) A markup code, that helps search engines crawl a site more efficiently
C) A CSS inline style
D) A consortium that sets web standards
84) Search engines are able to index websites based on IP instead of name.
85) Which of the following HTTP status codes is returned when a page cannot be found?
86) A 1-second delay in page response can result in a:
A) 2% reduction in conversions
B) 7% reduction in conversions
C) 50% reduction in conversions
D) 20% reduction in conversions
87) Which of the following is NOT mobile friendly?
A) Metaview Port tag
C) Apple icon
88) Dynamic serving serves different HTML for one URL depending on the user-agent.
89) Which of the following statements is true about a website’s title tags?
A) A single title should be duplicated across all pages
B) Each title tag should contain a list of the website’s most important keywords
C) Each title tag should contain the most important keywords that are relevant to the specific page
D) Title tags should not contain any keywords
90) What are external links?
A) Links pointing from one domain to another
B) Links pointing to between pages on the same domain
C) Any link pointing from one page to another
91) Internal links and inbound links are the same.
92) What is the purpose of “nofollow” links?
A) To link to a section further down a page
B) To prevent PageRank from being passed on to the target page
C) To disable links in order to prevent them from redirecting users
D) To load the target page in a separate tab in a users browser
93) The meta keywords tag is used by Google as a ranking signal.
94) What is malicious duplicate content?
A) Content or blocks of content within or across domains that completely match, deliberately created to manipulate search engines
B) Printer only versions of web pages
C) Discussion forums that can generate both regular and stripped down pages targeted at mobile devices
D) Store items shown or linked via multiple distinct URLs
95) The hreflang tag is used to:
A) Allow the search engines to detect which language is being used
B) Specify the location on a page to target users in a specific country
C) Allow Google to offer the autotranslate option to visitors in order to reach new visitors based on the selected languages
D) Provide search engines with alternate versions of a URL to allow them to serve the correct page to their users based on language
96) Bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to a site who actively click away to a different site from a specific page.
97) Anchor text is the name given to the snippet of content used to promote pages in the search results.
98) The Google Pigeon update mainly affects:
A) Video Search
B) Local Search
C) Image Search
D) International Search
99) Page tag based web analytics uses IP addresses to identify unique visitors.
100) An XML Sitemap can be tested & submitted to Google using Google Search Console.
101) Google’s ‘Search Analytics’ allows users to track and filter Clicks, Impressions, Clickthrough rate & Positions, using data from the last 3 months.
102) In Google Analytics, the value (not set) appears for the selected dimension when no information is available.
103) Google Analytics tracking code should be inserted:
A) Just before the closing tag
B) Just after the opening tag
C) Just before the closing tag
D) Just after the opening
104) What is NOT a benefit of local SEO?
A) Ranking higher for global search
B) Increased brand visibility
C) Ranking higher in local SERP Increasing conversions
D) Increasing conversions
105) All businesses should improve their local SEO.
106) Which of the following redirects is known as the ‘Permanent’ redirect?
107) Which of the following is not a tool that can be used for social promotion?
108) Evergreen content has a short shelf life.
109) Which one does not belong to the 3 essential steps of content marketing?
110) An inbound link is a link that comes from another domain.
111) ALT tags are:
A) Attributions used to describe an image
B) Meta tags that highlight an alternate page
C) The alternate name for meta title
D) Meta tags used to specify the anchor text
112) CMS stands for:
A) Command Manager System
B) Content Multiplying Service
C) Creative Marketing Service
D) Content Management System
113) The canonical tag is used to instruct bots that the page can be indexed.
114) The meta description can help to:
A) Add comments to the HTML
B) Improve rankings
C) Increase CTR
D) Describe an image
115) URL stands for:
A) Ultimate Resourceful Locator
B) Unifying Resource Location
C) Uniform Resource Locator
D) Universal Resource Locator
116) In email marketing, spam complaints often occur when the sender has no permission to contact the receiving party.
117) The abbreviation UCE stands for:
A) Uncommon communication email
B) Unwanted commercial email
C) Unsolicited commercial email
D) Unsolicited communication via email
118) Above the fold means:
A) The visible part of a page
B) The part of a webpage that is hidden on a secondary page
C) Contents of the page that can be seen after scrolling down
D) The area of a webpage that can be seen without scrolling down
119) Affiliate marketing is:
A) A revenue model where traffic is generated through social media
B) A form of CPC that is commonly used by enterprises only
C) A revenue model where website owners earn money by sending visitors to a third party website
D) A form of PPC commonly used by small businesses
120) The more pages a website has indexed in Google, the better.
121) If no title tag and/or meta description is specified for webpage, Google will generate one automatically using the content on the page.
122) When the URL of a page is changed, it’s usually best practice to:
A) Add a 301 redirect to the new location and update inbound links
B) Do nothing Google will find the new page and remove the old page from its index
C) Add a 302 redirect to the new location and update inbound links
D) Remove the old URL from the CMS then fetch the new page as Google
123) The lifetime value of a client refers to:
A) The monetary value per customer achieved over a certain period of time
B) The total amount the company spends to keep a customer happy
C) The money spent on a product or service by the customer each year
D) The advertising revenue
124) In the initial meeting with a small business owner who needs help with his/her online strategy, you start by:
A) Asking questions about the audience and understanding the budget
B) Offering a local SEO strategy
C) Scaring him with all the lost opportunities so far
D) Opening a Facebook Page and an Adwords campaign
125) What is an XML sitemap?
A) It is a file that is stored on your computer with information on the structure of the site
B) It is a document that references details about all web pages on a site
C) It is the backup file that contains all data for a website
D) It is the document that tells search engine which parts of a website should be disallowed
126) Flash content is known for being easily indexed by search engines.
127) Dublin core is the list of the core elements of a website.
128) Which one of the below statements is false?
A) Broken links are bad for usability but don’t affect SEO
B) Broken links send users to nonexisting web pages
C) Broken links are bad for usability and reputation
D) Broken links have a bad effect on SEO
129) What % of people will abandon your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load?
130) A socalled honey trap can filter spam that is created on contact forms by automated programs by hiding a box from human view.
131) To be considered mobile friendly, a website should have:
A) A mobile CSS OR a mobile Redirection
B) A mobile CSS
C) A mobile CSS AND a mobile Redirection
D) A mobile redirection